DOGAMI Open-File Report Series
[Go back] | DOGAMI Maps and Publications | DOGAMI Home
Open-File Report O-11-03, Preliminary geologic map of the Lake of the Woods North 7.5' quadrangle, Klamath County, Oregon,
by Stanley A. Mertzman, Richard W. Hazlett, Stephen G. Weaver, Isaac P. Weaver, Andrew J. Gavin, Martha S. Gilmore, Caitlin Gorman, Lindley F. Hall, Hal H. Newell III, Karyn E. Powers, James T. Rowe, Jonathon F. Stiehl, and Benjamin Surpless.
Each publication CD-ROM contains:
- Map plate: .pdf files at 1:24,000, 1:52,000, and 1:75,000 scale.
- Text report: a review of the Lake of the Woods North 7.5 minute USGS quadrangle and its geology, including detailed descriptions of the geologic units found therein.
- Maplnfo® files with the layers used to create the geologic map. Included are the USGS 7.5 minute quadrangle; rock units; unit boundaries (contacts); samples; faults; and volcanic centers layers.
- ESRI® shapefiles of the units; unit boundaries (contacts); samples; faults; and volcanic centers for the Lake of the Woods North 7.5' quadrangle and a georeferenced raster image (.TIF) of the USGS 7.5 minute quadrangle.
- A Microsoft® Excel file that has the location, lithology, age, unit, and chemistry information for all of the rock samples collected within the Lake of the Woods North 7.5' quadrangle and used to help create the preliminary geologic map of this quadrangle.
- Metadata files for the GIS dataset in .htm, .txt, and .xml formats.
O-11-03 map plate previews: 1:24,000, 1:52,000, 1:75,000 scales; actual sizes are 30 x 36 inches, 11 x 17 inches, and 8.5 x 11 inches.