GIS Analyst/Cartographer III,
Oregon Department of Geology and Mineral Industries, Portland Office
800 NE Oregon St., Suite 965
Portland OR 97232
phone: (971) 673-2407
fax: (971) 673-1562
Active and Recently Completed Projects
- 2011-present: Mapping of tsunami inundation hazard for Oregon’s coastline. Funded through NOAA National Tsunami Hazards Mitigation Program. Role: Head cartographer; GIS support.
- 2009-2011: Multi-Hazard and Risk Study for the Mount Hood Region, Multnomah, Clackamas, and Hood River Counties, Oregon, DOGAMI Open-File Report O-11-16. Role: Primary GIS analyst and cartographer, web map design.
- 2010-present: Flood modeling and exposure analysis for Vernonia, Oregon. Develop asset and infrastructure maps; redelineate US Army Corp of Engineers Design Flood Elevations along with model 50-, 100-, and 500-year flood discharges. Redelineated flood event exposure for December 2007 storm. Exposure analysis to model flood discharges, design flood elevation, and December 2007 flood event. Role: Primary GIS analyst, and primary cartographer.Funded through Governors Executive Order 10-07.
- Miscellaneous lidar-based mapping projects, including the DOGAMI Lidar Imagery Series. Supported by sales through DOGAMI’s Nature of the Northwest Information Center. Role: Cartographer.
- May 2009 – present GIS Analyst/Cartographer III, Oregon Department of Geology and Mineral Industries
- 2009 Graduate Certificate in Geographic Information Systems – Portland State University, Portland, Oregon
- 2005 BS Biology: Micro and Molecular – Portland State University, Portland, Oregon – Black Studies minor
- The Association for GIS Professionals, URISA, Oregon Chapter, 2009-present
- Roberts, J., Watzig, R., English, J., Robinson, S., Tilman, M., and Hughes, K., 2009, Lidar Imagery Series (LIS) quadrangles, Oregon Department of Geology and Mineral Industries, scale 1:8000 (Beaverton, Camas, Canby, Damascus, Dixie Mountain, Dundee, Estacada, Forest Grove, Gladstone, Hillsboro, Lake Oswego, Laurelwood, Linton, Mount Tabor, Newberg, Portland, Redland, Saint Helens, Sandy, Sauvie Island, Scholls, Sherwood).